Site Owner
Site Owner
Favorite video games and series': Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts
Legend of Zelda
Mario
Kirby
Pokémon
About me: Nintendo Social site owner. Severe childhood abandonment issues.

SNAP Walkthrough: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Unread postby Solemn » Mon May 30, 2016 1:57 am

A “SNAP walkthrough” stands for a Strategy-less Name And Picture walkthrough. A SNAP walkthrough is a special, minimalistic “strategy” guide for a video game–- one that lists no actual strategy. Instead, it acts as a visual reminder of what items you can get next (without exploits), focusing on 100% completion, earliest optimizations, and no real reading. It includes only a picture of the next quest item you can get; and under it its name, location, and what items you possibly don’t already have that you’ll need in order to get said quest item.

Besides for beginners, this kind of walkthrough is also great for people who are replaying the game and who don’t want to read too much just to remember what they can get next and when. So why read through large paragraphs in a standard strategy guide when you can find out what the next chest or quest item is in a snap?

I, Solemn, conceptualized the SNAP walkthrough to help me to be more motivated to 100% my favorite adventure games in repeated playthroughs. I hope that this concept takes off and that I can see more of these in the future! Anyway, here is my SNAP walkthrough for The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap.

--------------------------------------------------

minish-cap-banner.png

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap SNAP Walkthrough

By Charles Mabe (SolemnDream)
E-mail: admin@nintendosocial.com
Date: May 29, 2016
Version 1.0

Because of the difficulty of creating this walkthrough, some info for what is required to collect an item may be missing; but I tried my best to be thorough. If you see a bomb or Kinstone fusion requirement not listed, please inform me!

No credit is needed. Suggestions for improvement are encouraged! Please share this and make your own SNAP walkthroughs!

Note: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap is loaded with secrets and collectables which can be easily obtained out of the order presented in this walkthrough. It is highly recommended that you keep a record of what you have already obtained. For your convenience, I have provided a text list and a screenshot list that you can download and modify to help keep track of your progress. However, you will not need these lists if you avoid picking up items and fusing Kinstones that are not listed next in the walkthrough. But this will stifle the exploration The Minish Cap greatly encourages, so pick your poison.

Note 2: The walkthrough will remind you later, but it will be your job to remember to use up Mysterious Shells when you can.

Note 3: This walkthrough will remind you later, but you will need to perform the first 22 Kinstone fusions when the walkthrough says-- specifically before 036. Daltus' Possession Event. If you don't, many later Kinstone fusions will be random and you won't be able to follow the walkthrough for them.

Note 4: The order of many of the items and Kinstone fusions in this walkthrough are not listed by what would be quickest to obtain at that moment, but instead by grouping. That is, Kinstone fusions are generally grouped together; so if you follow this walkthrough, you'll be doing a lot of Kinstone fusions in a row before collecting a lot of items in a row, etc..

Note 5. This isn't relevant to the walkthrough itself, but I want to say this. I tried all day, uploading over and over and testing plugin deactivation, but phpBB just would not let me upload over 40% of the walkthrough images in a single post without giving an error that I cannot solve. Combine that with the reversed (and required) attachment number order, and uploading this walkthrough was a complicated mess that took me a whole day. What the heck, phpBB?

Download the text checklist:
SNAP Walkthrough - Zelda - Minish Cap.txt
(25.99 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Or download the image checklist. It's large and of poor quality, but it might be easier than with the text checklist for you to notice what you already obtained if you drew a big red "X" over the images in Microsoft Paint. :tongue: : http://nintendosocial.com/snap-walkthroughs/zelda-minish-cap/Tools/SNAP%20Walkthrough%20-%20Zelda%20-%20Minish%20Cap.jpg

Chapters I & II

Continue to Chapter III...

Stop surprise-adopting me.

Solemn
Site Owner
Site Owner
Kingdom Hearts
Legend of Zelda
Mario
Kirby
Pokémon

Re: SNAP Walkthrough: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Unread postby Solemn » Mon May 30, 2016 3:16 am

Chapter III

Note: Go Kinstone farming. Look in grass and bushes. Five or six of each of the three shapes of Green Kinstones should suffice. Remember that if you're looking for Blue and Red Kinstones, you can often find them in chests that result from Green Kinstone fusions!

You can also access Carlov's Figurine Shop now and spend your Mysterious Shells. You can only hold 999 at a time, and any more you find will be wasted; and you will need a lot more. So it's up to you from now on to remember to spend them so you don't waste them!

Note: After you get the White Sword (Two Elements), don't go into the Western Wood until you've done the first 22 Kinstone fusions. If you do and the Daltus' Possession Event occurs, many of the fusions that happen later in the walkthrough will happen with random people instead of with whom the walkthrough says they will happen with!

Note: Making Pico Blooms grow requires a certain amount of walking, seemingly only outside the Minish Woods. I suggest you start at the left entrance of North Hyrule Field and walk a straight path to the right and into the Minish Woods-- and then back-- five times. It worked for me!

Continue to Chapter IV...

Solemn
Site Owner
Site Owner
Kingdom Hearts
Legend of Zelda
Mario
Kirby
Pokémon

Unread postby Solemn » Mon May 30, 2016 3:20 am

Chapter IV

Note: If you know you're supposed to fuse Kinstones with someone, but the option just isn't showing up, fly somewhere and back with the Ocarina of Wind. There is a known bug with one or more fusions later, and this is the known fix!

Continue to Chapter V...

Solemn
Site Owner
Site Owner
Kingdom Hearts
Legend of Zelda
Mario
Kirby
Pokémon

Unread postby Solemn » Mon May 30, 2016 3:32 am

Chapter V

Continue to Chapter VI...

Solemn
Site Owner
Site Owner
Kingdom Hearts
Legend of Zelda
Mario
Kirby
Pokémon

Unread postby Solemn » Mon May 30, 2016 3:36 am

Chapter VI

Note: It is clear that sometime in the game's development you were supposed to obtain Carlov's Medal before gaining obtaining the collector's permission. However, that would mean that you could not defeat Vaati with 20 heart containers. There is a lack of consistency here. As for whether or not the Mirror Shield was supposed to be obtained before defeating Vaati, that is less clear.

Note: You're not done yet! After the credits, save and then go get that Mirror Shield and Carlov Medal!

Return to “Your Other Works”